PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : Pager with dual frequency reception? (in English)

LFN
06.07.2007, 12:46
Hi, I hope its okay with english here?

I wonder if there is a digital POCSAG pager on the market for receiving messeges from two separate frequencies at the same time?
For an example 149.3875Mhz AND 149.1125Mhz at the same time.

I read about the new pagers from Swissphone: BOSS910MK and BOSS925MK but they can`t receive messeges at the same time from two frequencies.

Any roumors about Swissphone or another manufacturer going to develop a pager which can receive messeges from two separate frequencies at the same time?

(sorry for my bad english)

funkwart
06.07.2007, 12:52
Hey there,

from my point of view it's okay to write a thread in english here, if it's marked so (just like you did in the title).
As far as I know there is only a pager, which is able to receive POCSAG messages on two frequencies, but this pager just listens on one channel in 2m- and one in 70cm-band. This is used for the reception of alarms on 2m and public paging on 70cm.
Something like the device you are looking for is unknown to me.
Perhaps someone else knows more details?!

Geetings,
Funkwart

friend112
06.07.2007, 14:23
Hi,

first excuse if my english is not the best...

You are right there are two pagers which would be able to do this. The Boss910MK and the Boss925MK, but this Pagers are still in the construction. They should be available at the end of the Year. But there are some restrictions...

The Boss910MK should be able to receive 2 Channels and the Boss925MK should be able to receive 9 channels.

But the Pagers have a tuning frequency. This frequency is in the band (4m(81-88MHz), 2m(138-174MHz), 70cm(400-470MHz)) and the Pager can only receive on a channel with + or - 300kHz of the tuning frequency.

For example: tuning frequency: 149.200 MHz
range: 148.900 MHz - 149.500 MHz

Then there is another restriction. You are asking for receiving at the same time. Thats not possible...

The pager has a PLL. So the frequencys can be programmed. The pager is toggling between the programmed frequencys.
If it noticed an alarm it will stop toggling and will start decoding. After an alarm it will start toggling again.

So the alarms can't be exact at the same time, but it is possible to reseive at two frequencys...

It may be possible that you can give a priority for one channel...
But that I doesn't know...

I hope I helped you a little bit...

with best regards friend112

LFN
06.07.2007, 23:26
friend112 - Your english is perfekt, and thanks for your answer!
When you say the pager "toggles" you mean that it can "scan" the programmed frequencies? And that you only miss a message if the message is sent exactly the same time on another frequency, then you will only receive one of them?

Do you think it will work on the two frequencies I mentioned at the same time - (149.1125 AND 149.3875Mhz) I´m not sure I understood your explanation.

Anyone have an emailadress to Swissphone where I can get some questions answered about this?

Best regards

firefighter_fabi
06.07.2007, 23:32
when you got a pager with two frequencys you always got the problem of scanning between the two channels...

but usually the chance is very low that you miss a message, because there is something sent on the other channel i think...

maybe you could ask here info@funkmelderservice.de for more information, that's a quite good online shop for pagers and so on...

friend112
07.07.2007, 01:05
@LFN

Yes you´d understood it right. Toggle is another expression for scan. As Firefighter fabi wrote the chance is low that you miss a message.

With the frequency:

In simple words the difference between the frequencys can't be higher than 600 kHz (o.6 MHz). So your example will work because your difference is only 0.275 MHz.

With Swissphone you can look on the site of your land. There will be an email-adress.

with best regards friend112

LFN
10.07.2007, 11:34
Bad news from Swissphone about the "toggling" function. See my mail to them and the answer back to me:

Q:
Is it possible to get the coming BOSS925MK to work on 149.3875Mhz and 149.1125Mhz at the same time?

I´ve heard that it has a toggle/scanfunction so it can receive messages from for an example two frequencies at the same time, but if the messages is sent exactly same time then I will of course miss one of the messages.
Have I understood this correct?

A:
Hello.

the version coming soon enables the channel switching by the user within a band of 1 MHz (selection over the pager's keys). It will NOT enable to receive or scan many channels simultaneously.

I hope you will need this functionality enhancement and I am looking forward to read from you.

Kind regards

Alain Apel
Customer & Product Support